- To survive, and
- To make the Profit 500 – the exclusive ranking of Canada’s fastest growing companies
That says something about the accomplishment of making the Profit 500 list, namely that it is a lofty goal to shoot for. This year, the Iridia team found itself on that list.
One of the benefits of making the Profit 500 is the opportunity to attend the CEO Summit in Toronto. I was fortunate enough to have a schedule that allowed for my attendance, and I must say, the experience was fantastic.
Without a doubt, Ian Portsmouth and his team, the Publishers and Editors of the list, hosted an exceptional event.
The day was packed with talks, breakout events, and by the time all was said and done, it was a lengthy affair.
Highlights of the day included:
- A speech by Ryan Wilson of the CEO Global Network who walked the group through the ideal characteristics of a CEO.
- An address by Bruce Croxol, of Lava Life/Dragon’s Den fame, whose down to earth messaging was both humourous and practical.
- Informative sessions on Mergers and Acquisitions, effective use of Social Media, and key indicators to watch for the Canadian economy.
- The Ideas Exchange, wherein we sat in small groups and discussed current challenges we are facing and explored potential solutions together.
But perhaps more than the specific events themselves, it was the collective inspiration offered by those in attendance that provided the greatest reward. Hearing stories about how business were created, the challenges they‘ve overcome, etc., reaffirmed on the one hand that enterprises across the country are facing similar issues, but on the other hand, that we are also well-equipped to respond to those challenges head on.
This has certainly proven true for the team at Iridia in the past, and as a result, I could not be more enthusiastic about our future. With a passionate, driven team and a strategic approach to running our business, we look forward to delivering the richest of customer experiences for a long time to come.