Vancouver-based company listed in PROFIT magazine’s 26th annual compilation of Canada’s Top 500 Growing Companies
Vancouver, B.C. (June 12, 2014) – PROFIT Magazine ranked Iridia Medical No. 314 on the 26th annual PROFIT 500, ranking Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies by five-year revenue growth, the PROFIT 500 profiles the country’s most successful growth companies. A joint venture between Canada’s premier business brands, the PROFIT 500 is published in the July issue of Canadian Business and online at PROFITguide.com.
“The members of the PROFIT 500 are the elite of the country’s entrepreneurial community,” says James Cowan, Editor-in-Chief of Canadian Business and PROFIT. “Their stories are lessons in business strategy, innovation, management excellence and sheer tenacity.”
Since 1998, Iridia Medical has been specializing in the provision of innovative, practical solutions to enhance the delivery and quality of healthcare for Canadians. Their primary services fall into four areas: medical consulting, paramedic programs, AED programs, and medical education. With a five-year revenue growth of 159%, Iridia Medical ranked no. 314 on the 2014 PROFIT 500.
FROM OUR PRESIDENT
“Iridia Medical is proud to again be included on the PROFIT 500 – we are indeed honoured to be listed alongside so many deserving companies. Guided by our passion to Enable Piece of Mind in those who respond to medical emergencies, we are committed to improving the care provided to Canadians in their time of need.” says Vern Biccum, President of Iridia Medical.
ABOUT IRIDIA MEDICAL
Despite being a small company, Iridia Medical has become a big player in the realm of healthcare solutions in Canada. Since 1998, Iridia Medical’s notable achievements include:
- PARAMEDICS: Becoming one of B.C.’s largest private employers of paramedics and owner of B.C.’s first privately-owned Mobile Medical Unit, currently stationed in Northern B.C.
- AEDS: Installing over 1,800 AED programs across a broad spectrum of industries and becoming a key supplier for the Heart and Stroke Foundation of B.C. & Yukon’s Public Access to Defibrillation Program
- EDUCATION: Providing certification and training of 30,000+ healthcare professionals (ACLS, PALS, CIW, etc.) and lay rescuers (BLS, AED) since 1998
- CONSULTING: Gaining recognition as a provincial leader in physician engagement consulting services as well as providing advocacy & support for a majority of B.C.’s fire rescue departments
- Being named as one of Business in Vancouver magazine’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies in B.C. for three consecutive years – 2011 to 2013.
In working towards these goals, the Iridia Medical team benefitted from the range of knowledge represented in the broad cross-section of backgrounds and life experiences of its employees. They are a dedicated group who work together to create a dynamic and ethical workplace where diversity, challenge, and ongoing learning are a way of life.
ABOUT PROFIT AND PROFITGUIDE.COM
PROFIT: Your Guide to Business Success is Canada’s preeminent media brand dedicated to the management issues and opportunities facing small and mid-sized businesses. For 32 years, Canadian entrepreneurs across a vast array of economic sectors have remained loyal to PROFIT because it’s a timely and reliable source of actionable information that helps them achieve business success and get the recognition they deserve for generating positive economic and social change. Visit PROFIT online at PROFITguide.com.
ABOUT CANADIAN BUSINESS
Founded in 1928, Canadian Business is the longest-serving, best-selling and most-trusted business publication in the country. With a readership of more than 800,000, it is the country’s premier media brand for executives and senior business leaders. It fuels the success of Canada’s business elite with a focus on the things that matter most: leadership, innovation, business strategy and management tactics. We provide concrete examples of business achievement, thought-provoking analysis and compelling storytelling, all in an elegant package with bold graphics and great photography. Canadian Business—what leadership looks like.
For more information, please contact:
Iridia Medical Inc.
604.685.4747 or 1.604.404.6444