When and where was the last time you saw an Automated External Defibrillator? Do you even remember? Well not to worry, it’s easy to miss something you’re not looking for. Iridia wants to change this.
AED Spotting: AEDs Everywhere
As a company that implements public AED programs, finding AEDs is kind of exciting for us. After a trip to Japan taken by one of our employees, she found that AEDs are everywhere – train stations, shopping centres, tourist attractions, anywhere where there was a high risk of an SCA. Photos were snapped & shared and other staff began taking photos of AEDs they had spotted on their travels. Now we have over 500 AEDs spotted from around the world!
This is where AEDs Everywhere comes in – a crowdsourcing campaign to map the location of AEDs all around the world. Now it’s your turn to search for AEDs with us. When you do find one, upload your photo and location to our map and you’ll be entered to win a prize!
How to Participate
- Find an AED and snap a photo – You can be in it to. Don’t be afraid to use your imagination (wacky poses are welcome!)
- Upload the photo directly to our AEDs Everywhere map by clicking on the Add button on the top right-hand corner
- Win a prize, with each submission, you are entered into our two draws and we will donate $1 to the Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Pat yourself on the back for raising awareness of AED’s everywhere!
- Each submission enters you into a draw!
- For every AED Photo you submit, you have a chance to win either a $50 gift card* or an Iridia Gift Bag**
- With every AED photo submitted, Iridia will donate $1 to the Heart and Stroke Foundation.***
- Every photo you take will help increase AED awareness, so tell your friends and family to snap AED photos when they spot one!
*The individual who submits the most AEDs from June 1 to July 31 will win the $50 gift card **Every submitter will be entered to win an Iridia gift bag with: 4gb USB, water bottle, pen, umbrella and notebook ***Up to a maximum of $200.00
AEDs Everywhere Map – View Fullscreen
Good luck on way your to becoming an AED spotting superstar!