3 years ago, Iridia Medical was born. As we rebranded from Global Medical Services, we emerged with a refreshed identity and a new set of values that we live and breathe. Today, on our branding anniversary, we would like to give you a glimpse of how we live out our value of Social Responsibility.
Iridia in the Community is an initiative that demonstrates our commitment to social responsibility. This annual initiative provides our employees with the opportunity to give back to and engage with their communities, as well as share with others the causes that are important to them. In December 2015, each employee was provided with $50 to give back to their community however they saw fit. We then requested them to share how they used the money and why they chose that organization.
The videos below give you a sense what our employees are passionate about, as well as what organizations in BC are doing to make the city, the province, and the world a better place.
- Elizabeth donated to NightShift Street Ministries in order to support integrating the homeless into society.
- Jill donated to Meals on Wheels to support providing care and companionship to shelters.
- Leanne donated to Cross our Paws Rescue. Owning a dog herself, she wanted to help assist the not-for-profit’s volunteers financially.
- Edward donated to the Big Sisters of the Lower Mainland, supporting an amazing program dedicated to mentoring young women.
- Makayla donated to 1 Kid Making A Difference – an extraordinary story of how one teenage girl raised $15,000 towards school and education for girls in Haiti.
- Donna donated to Children’s Hospital Foundation for community, hope, future, family, and awareness.
- Jennifer donated to Womens Resource Society to provide women with assistance in times of need.
- Fidelia donated to Covenant House for their Christmas Packs to help youth in despair by giving them hope for a brighter future.
- Melissa donated to CKNW Orphans Fund to help fund speech therapy, medical equipment, summer camp programs, and more for orphans.
- Nancy donated to Foodbank at UBC, as it is a great cause and helps people from all walks of life
- Justin donated to Frog Hollow Neighborhood House to support valuable programs provided to families in need.
- Ryan donated to Habitat for Humanity Society of Greater Vancouver to support building affordable housing in Vancouver.
- Julie donated to the Sarah McLachlan School of Music to support giving young kids the ability to find their voice in music, as well as build confidence.
- Edel donated to the Gordon Neighbourhood House to support its numerous social programs for families, youth, and seniors.
- Lynda donated to Journey of Hope campaign at North Shore Harvest House to help families during the Christmas season.
- Vern donated to the Whole Way House to support generating an environment of community and connection for the residents of The Avalon Hotel in Vancouver’s downtown eastside.
Other donations from Iridia employees include:
- Sheila, who donated to Burnaby Community Services
- Lexi, who donated to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank
- Ginette, who donated to Honour House
- Janine, who donated to the BC Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Jason, who donated to The Langley School District Foundation – Noel Booth Elementary
- Jennifer, who donated to Women’s Resource Society
- Tom, who used his funds to create care packages for distribution to individuals in the Downtown East Side
To learn more about last year’s Iridia in the Community donations, see our 2014 wrap up blog post and highlight video.