Iridia Day 2017 is approaching! On July 7th, 2017 we will be celebrating our company identity, brand, mission and vision. As you may know, our name Iridia is derived from element 77 on the periodic table, Iridium. Iridium is a durable metal that connects with other metals to form alloys. It’s quite rare and is used as a standard measurement of weight. These traits exemplify our company DNA and what we achieve through enabling peace of mind for those responding to medical emergencies.
To celebrate this day, we are giving away an AED! We hope this will raise awareness surrounding Sudden Cardiac Arrests in the public and encourage individuals to be proactive about SCAs.
For more information on how to enter our contest read our previous blog post, AED Giveaway Terms & Conditions 2017 or visit our facebook page.
To enter this contest, you must agree to these Official Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Iridia Medical (“Iridia”) with respect to the contest.
- Entries may be submitted from 12:00pm June 7th, 2017 to 11:59pm June 28th, 2017.
- The winner will be notified by 5:00pm July 7th, 2017
- All times mentioned in these Rules are Pacific Standard Time.
Terms of Entry
- The contest is open to residents and businesses of Canada only. Upon request, entrants must provide a Canadian address as proof or residency, or, if an organization, a copy of its certificate of registration or incorporation.
- Limit of one entry per person/organization/email domain.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win the contest.
How to Enter
- To enter, entrants must send an email to email@example.com with their story of why they would benefit from an AED, their name and contact information and Facebook/Twitter handle. Additionally, each entrant must post a picture with themselves on Twitter or Facebook with an AED, tagging Iridia Medical and using the hashtag #AEDSpotting. If entrant does not have these accounts, they may send a photo by email.
- Entries may be submitted to the email provided in congruence with Facebook, or Twitter for the photo part of the contest. No other means of entry will be accepted.
- Of the submissions received, a shortlist will be created by Iridia from all candidates. One (1) winner will be selected from the shortlist through an online poll. The winner will be announced on Iridia’s website, as well as Iridia’s social media channels on July 7th, 2017.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- The winner will be notified by telephone or by email if contact cannot be made via telephone. Within thirty (30) days of notification of winning the Automated External Defibrillator, the winner is required to verify their identity with current and valid Government-issued photo identification or, where the winner is an organization, a copy of its certificate of registration or incorporation must be provided along with the required photo identification.
- The winner will forfeit the award and prize if verification cannot be, or has not been, made within the required thirty (30) day period. Iridia reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Upon verification of identity, the award and prize will be collected in a manner to be agreed upon by Iridia and the winner.
- The prize is one (1) LIFEPAK Express Automated External Defibrillator.
- The prize has no cash substitute.
Intellectual Property Rights
- By submitting an entry, each entrant represents and warrants that its submission does not, and shall not, infringe on any copyright, or any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party.
- By submitting any text, images, or video throughout the duration of this contest, entrants grant to Iridia and irrevocable, perpetual, and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of the submitted work or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. This right to use is granted free and clear of any claims or encumbrances to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the entrant.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By entering this contest, each entrant hereby releases and holds harmless Iridia, and its employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, death, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this contest or participation in any contest-related activities, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of personal information or, if declared a winner, any prizes (including any use or misuse of any prizes). Each entrant will hold all of the Released Parties harmless in the event the entrant has departed from or not fully complied with any of the Official Rules. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the contest and/or the awarding of the prize.
- The conduct of the contest is governed by the applicable laws of Canada and the Province of British Columbia, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Iridia shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests as governed by the Competition Act.
- Iridia reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
- Iridia reserves the right to publish the names, and if available, any logos associated with the winner.
- The contest winner agrees to a picture opportunity with the Iridia staff. Iridia reserves the right to use this picture, in all promotional and marketing materials including print and online media.
- With the exception of the entrant’s name, any names contained within a submission may be changed to protect the privacy of the individuals identified therein.
- Any false information provided within the context of the contest by any entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of rights or non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the contest. Iridia reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates applicable law.
- Iridia is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected entries; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
- All decisions made by Iridia are final.
- Iridia may waive any of the terms of these Official Rules in its sole discretion.