How does Iridia become one of the fastest growing companies for 5 years running? A large part of it is our focus on client experiences. In order to deliver exceptional client experiences, we have developed and continue to refine our Ideal Client Journey. Vegas, as a city built around delivering an Ideal Client Journey to all its visitors, provides a perfect platform for inspiration and motivation.
Our annual trip to Vegas is centred around 3 objectives:
- Learn – We are all students on this trip, and our instructors are be the city, its people, and the world’s biggest brands
- Innovate – Vegas gives us exposure to ideas and concepts that we can bring back and include in Iridia’s success formula
- Experience – Iridia Does Vegas is an opportunity for us to step fully into the role of a participant and observe everything that contributes to the experiences Vegas has to offer
The city of Vegas provides a spectrum of learning opportunities. We’ve highlighted some of our favourites for you.
Consumer Electronics Show – Innovation Central
Every January, the city of Las Vegas hosts the Consumer Electronics Show, one of the largest trade shows on the planet. With over 180,000 attendees and 2.4 million square feet of floor space, the conference takes place in 3 separate convention centers. For many companies, this is their primary platform for announcing new products and showcasing the greatest in consumer electronics technology.
An industry-only event, Iridia attends as a way to learn from the exhibitors and to identify any products that we may eventually look to retail ourselves. Exhibitors use a lot of ways to engage the attendees. For example, all you need is a valid license to take a BMW i3, m4 or i8 for a spin. Or, step into the massive Samsung booth and view hundreds of their products. If seeing is not enough, their demonstration models allow you to personally experience their products. You don’t have to look far to see innovation.
Zappos – A Client Focus Role Model
Zappos is the largest online shoe retailer in America, with their headquarters in Downtown Las Vegas. Their focus on superior customer service makes them a prime learning opportunity. They have built a company culture that has boosted them to over $1 billion in sales, on top of being featured in Fortune’s Top 100 Companies to Work For, for 6 years running.
From an open work environment, interest in employee well-being, and work flexibility, Zappos is one of the top companies to learn from. In an hour and a half, the Zappos headquarters tour provided us with an intimate overview of the company and how they operate, as well as unique ideas for our own office and employees.
Can’t get to Vegas? Their CEO’s book Delivering Happiness gives you a great taste on the company’s culture.
Other Iridia Does Vegas 2016 Experiences
From its beginnings in the early 20th century, Las Vegas has blossomed from being a haven for gamblers and illegal activity to a city that focuses on providing world-class entertainment experiences.
What is it about certain atmospheres that create a longing for more? We visited some of the best hotels, shows, and restaurants with a strong experiential element to learn. From breath-taking themes to top-notch service, these were just two of the businesses that kept us on the edge of our seats.
- Rose.Rabbit.Lie was experiential dining at its finest. A meal was made vibrant by live music and dynamic entertainment. The restaurant itself moved and shifted throughout the night!
Caption: Part of Rose.Rabbit.Lie wasn’t even a restaurant!
- Cirque Du Soleil is a world-class circus for good reason. We went to see Zarkana and were not disappointed. Outside the theatre, every detail was purposefully designed to revolve around the show’s theme. Once we got inside, the staff’s guidance to our seats and the pre-show performances set up the circus mood, building anticipation for the show itself. The main event kept us intrigued and engaged. There was always something happening and virtually no downtime. From a live band, scenes switching on the fly, moving stages, and the performers seamlessly switching in and out, the experience, it was perfect.
A trip to Vegas may not seem like the most obvious catalyst for growth, but it has brought us excitement, inspiration and ideas. Whether it was CES 2016, the Zappos tour, a show or the city itself, each one of us took something special home with them from their time in Vegas.
Think about it this way, if going into a business was as fun and memorable as going to Vegas, wouldn’t you want to go?