As announced last week, today is the official start of Michael Galasso’s Tour D’Iridia! We’re excited to see finally have this project move forward after many months of careful preparation.
To begin, we want to share Michael’s tour schedule with you. If you live near an area he will be stopping at, we hope you can stop by and encourage him along the way.
Day 1 – September 29th
- Centennial Park, Saanichton – 10:00-11:00AM
- Oak Bay Rec Centre, Oak Bay – 3:15-4:15PM
- Langford Lanes, Langford – 5:45-6:45PM
Day 2 – September 30th
- Sooke Community Hall & Emergency Reception Centre, Sooke – 9:00-10:00AM
- City Centre Park – Eagle Ridge Dryfloor Arena, Langford – 12:00-1:00PM
- Kerry Park Sports field Complex, Mill Bay – 3:30-4:30PM
- Cowichan Aquatic Centre, Duncan – 6:00-7:00PM
Day 3 – October 1st
- Youbou Community Hall and Bowling Alley, Lake Cowichan – 9:00-10:00AM
- Cowichan Lake Seniors Centre, Lake Cowichan – 11:00-12:00PM
- Island Savings Centre, Duncan – 1:45-2:45PM
- Fuller Lake Arena, Chemainus – 4:00-5:00PM
Day 4 – October 2nd
- Forrest Fields, Ladysmith – 9:00-10:00AM
- Costin Hall, Lantzville – 12:30-1:30PM
- Parksville Civic and Technology Centre, Parksville- 3:00-4:00PM
- Qualicum Beach Seniors Centre, Qualicum Beach – 5:00-6:00PM
Day 5 – October 3rd
- Gyro Youth Centre , Port Alberni – 9:00-10:00AM
- Glenwood Centre, Port Alberni – 10:30-11:30AM
- Beban Park Recreation Centre, Nanaimo – 4:30-5:30PM
- Port Theatre, Nanaimo – 6:15-7:15PM
As you can see, Michael has a very packed schedule for 5 days straight. At each stop he will be meeting with people who are responsible for the AED, and ensuring they’re comfortable using the device if they ever need to. During his trip, he will be documenting all of his visits and we’ll be posting these shots on our social media pages.
During our event, we’ll be posting information about Michaels whereabouts, infographics, real time updates and more. Keep your eyes out as we’ll also be hosting a social media quiz. The person who answers the most questions correctly will win a $25 donation to the Heart and Stroke Foundation in their name!
If you’d like to stay up to date, make sure to join us on our Facebook page where all the action will be happening!